3814 Captain Drive, Chamblee, GA
Offered At: $385,000 Approx. 2,173 Square Feet
4 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms + Great Backyard
3 Things to Know About This Home
1. It has over 2,000 square feet. Step into this split-foyer home right into the main living area, featuring one big open space consisting of the living room, dining room, and kitchen. This floorplan is definitely ideal for entertaining – you can chat with guests in the living or dining room while you prep and cook in the kitchen. But it’s also perfect for everyday living! Parents with small children can keep an eye on their kids while bustling around in the kitchen. Speaking of the kitchen, it boasts stainless steel appliances, beige cabinetry, granite countertops, and a furniture-style island with a breakfast bar. The kitchen is wide open to the dining room, featuring French doors out to the deck. The French doors showcase views of the private backyard and allow tons of natural light to pour into the home. The lower level, with a family/rec room, bedroom, and bath, adds even more living space.
2. It has a great backyard. The lot is a 1/3 of an acre, so that means you get a nice big front yard AND back yard! A wood deck out back gives you plenty of room for grilling and dining while kids or dogs run around the fenced backyard. The yard has lots of open space for your two or four legged kids to run free and play. Mature trees lend the perfect amount of shade and privacy as well as beauty. The level front yard has lots of space, too. Huntley Hills is such a close-knit, family-friendly neighborhood, too, where you will see your neighbors out walking their dogs or kids. There are also seasonal events and activities for the whole family, like the street party coming up at the end of September. Join Huntley Hills Swim & Tennis Club and gain access to the newly renovated clubhouse, pool, tennis courts, and more! It’s only .3 miles from the house, too. Speaking of the location…
3. It’s in a sought-after location! This home is literally just minutes away from anything you could ever want or need. Walk to Huntley Hills Elementary – it’s only 7/10 of a mile. Huntley Hills Park features benches, a little free library, a playground with a wood train to climb on, walking paths, steel bridge and creek, and a Butterfly Garden maintained by community volunteers. Do you like antiques? Historic Chamblee is only about a mile up the road, boasting lots of shopping and some great restaurants like Vintage Pizzeria and Blue Top. Huntley Hills is just a half mile from Chamblee Plaza, featuring Chickfila, Dunkin Donuts, and IHOP; about a mile and a half from Walmart Supercenter; and less than 2 miles from the brand new Peachtree Station with Whole Foods, Chipotle, Zoe’s Kitchen, Starbucks, and more. Plus, all the popular Brookhaven amenities you love are just short drive away.
- Four bedrooms / two full baths
- Approx. 2,173 square feet (includes lower level)
- Split-foyer floorplan with living room wide open to kitchen and dining room
- Hardwood floors throughout main level
- 9 foot ceilings on main level and lower level
- Renovated kitchen features energy-efficient stainless steel Whirlpool appliances, granite countertops, beige wood cabinetry with soft-close doors/drawers, pantry, and furniture-style island with breakfast bar
- Living room with picture window
- Dining room with French doors out to deck
- Three bedrooms on main level
- Full bath on main level with dual vanity topped with granite, tiled tub/shower, and wood-grain tile flooring
- Finished lower level adds more living space with family room, bedroom, full bath, and laundry room with lots of storage
- Full bath on lower level has single vanity, tiled shower, and wood-grain tile flooring
- 1/3 of an acre lot with tons of yard space and mature trees
- Deck overlooks private backyard with plenty of space to entertain and relax — great for dogs or children!
- Sought-after Huntley Hills neighborhood close to lots of amenities — only a mile to Historic Chamblee with quaint antique stores and restaurants like Vintage Pizza and Blue Top; only about 1.5 miles to Chamblee Plaza (Chickfila, Dunkin Donuts, & IHOP) and the new Peachtree Station with Whole Foods, Chipotle, and Starbucks
- Join Huntley Hills Swim & Tennis Club — it’s only .3 miles from the house!
- Only .3 miles to Huntley Hills Elementary and Huntley Hills Park, featuring playgrounds, walking paths, benches, and a Butterfly Garden
- Just minutes to Chamblee & Brookhaven MARTA stations, Brookhaven shopping & restaurants at Village Place and Town Brookhaven, and the Perimeter business district
- Easy access to interstates and Midtown/Downtown