1864 Mason Mill Road Offered At: $415,000
3 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms & Carport
+ Unfinished Partial Basement
**Scroll down for additional photos.
3 Things to Know About This Home
1. It’s been very well-maintained. This home is pristine and has been well-maintained, inside and out! The original owner had this home custom-built and started his own family there – he loved all the windows overlooking the woods and the “prairie-influenced” architecture. The owners cherished the home, and the current homeowner has continued that legacy. Not only has it been well kept-up, though, it’s move-in ready. This home is waiting for you to move into it and start making some memories of your own!
2. The yard is fantastic. A home on half an acre corner lot means you get a nice, big yard to enjoy. A detached carport behind the home can be used as a gazebo for relaxing and dining al fresco, or for entertaining outdoors, and there’s plenty of yard space beside the gazebo for kids or dogs. The home has a front and a side driveway – the side driveway could even be used to ride bikes or play basketball. The front yard is large, too, plus there’s a side yard. Mature trees in the backyard will provide lots of shade in the summertime, and the various species of plants and flowers will bloom in just a few months. You don’t typically find this much yard at a home inside the perimeter!
3. You can’t beat the location. Imagine being able to walk to the library, to the park, or to restaurants and retail! This home sits in between Mason Mill Park and W.D. Thompson Park, both of which feature playgrounds, picnic areas, & sports courts, among other things. You are only about a mile from Toco Hills shopping center and surrounding retail, where you will find Publix, CVS, Dunkin Donuts, LA Fitness, and more. This home is near the Atlanta VA Medical Center, Emory University, and the CDC, and is less than 3 miles to shopping and dining in downtown Decatur, like Cakes and Ale, Parker’s on Ponce, and Kimball House. Plus, you are only a few miles away from Lenox/Phipps, Brookhaven, and Buckhead nightlife.
- Three bedrooms / two full baths
- Beautiful hardwood floors and tons of natural light
- Kitchen features stained wood cabinetry, breakfast nook, and all appliances including cooktop, wall oven, built-in microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator, plus washer and dryer
- All closets lined with cedar
- Dining room open to living room
- Master bedroom with two closets and single vanity bath with shower
- 2nd bedroom with two closets — hardwoods underneath carpet
- 3rd bedroom with pine paneled walls and large closet
- Single vanity bath in hall with walk-in tub and linen closet
- Bonus room with two walls of windows, tile flooring, brick accent wall, and two large closets — this flexible space could be office, play room, or possible 4th bedroom
- Plenty of parking with two driveways (one in front, one on the side) and side street parking
- 1/2 acre corner lot with plenty of yard space
- Detached carport can also be used as a gazebo for outdoor entertaining!
- Partial exterior-entry daylight basement
- Only .5 miles to the Dekalb County Library; Mason Mill Park and Rec Center, featuring playgrounds, picnic areas with grills, rec center, & tennis courts; and WD Thompson Park, offering shaded walking trails, picnic areas, basketball & tennis courts, creek & bridge, & playground
- Sought-after Decatur location just a mile or less to Toco Hills Promenade shopping center, Atlanta VA Medical Center, & Emory University; a little over a mile to the CDC; less than 3 miles to shopping and dining in Downtown Decatur; and only 5 miles to Lenox/Phipps and Buckhead nightlife
- Easy access to interstate, Brookhaven, Virginia Highlands, midtown, and downtown Atlanta